First time playing FINAL FANTASY XIV? Don't worry! This section will explain the basics of setting up an account, creating a character, and getting your adventure started. The game is currently localized into English, French, German, and Japanese so we hope this quick overview will help you start playing now! Let's go!
Select a data center
When you log in for the first time, you’ll select a regional data center for the fastest connection! Your choice of data center will determine which Worlds you can choose from after creating your character. You can change your data center anytime.
Create a Character
- Click Start, and New Character.
- Begin by selecting your race, clan, and gender. You can customize your character’s appearance, select their nameday, and a patron deity.
- Select your starting class. Your character’s class is determined by which tool or weapon you’ve equipped. The class you select determines which city-state your character will start in.
- Select your city-state. Your character's starting city is determined by their starting class.
Worlds and Friends
- Select your World (each data center has specific Worlds). If you are planning to play together with friends, note which World and which data center you're on.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV has been divided into several Worlds. Whether they are playing on Windows PC, PlayStation 3, or on PlayStation 4, all players will enjoy the same story and game content in any of the Worlds. However, to play together with friends, all friends must be in the same World.
- You can change Worlds using a transfer service available at the Mog Station. Please note that this transfer requires a fee.
Finish Your Character
Enter a forename and surname for your character, and click Confirm.
If you are satisfied with your character, press OK to begin adventuring!
As you progress through the early stages of the game, tutorial screens (active help windows) will appear to provide a gradual introduction to the various controls. To view the tutorial, just click the question mark icon when it comes up on screen. You can always go back and see previous help tutorials by selecting Active Help in the System menu.
FINAL FANTASY XIV includes a tutorial to help you gradually learn the controls. Here is an overview! You can choose between mouse/keyboard controls, or gamepad controls. To change control settings, press the Esc key or select System in the main menu.
The complete Lodestone Play Guide is available on this international websites: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide